Crossman Crew

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Whoooooo's There?

Thursday is art day. I try to do projects that are simple and use different mediums. We used paint today, and toilet paper rolls...
While the class was working on their writing this morning, I had one table at a time, come to the back table and quickly paint their TP roll.
When the rolls were painted, we let them dry for the remainder of the day.
Last hour of the day, we turned the painted toilet paper rolls into OWLS! Colorful owls! I got the idea from Pinterest, a site that I really, really find inspirational.
They really turned out sooooo cute! I let the kids take them home today, as I knew there would be NO WAY they would want to leave them on display at school. I bet your kids are looking for empty rolls right now, so that they can make another one!

So adorable. I let them have free range with the decorating of their owls. Some had hats, some had feet, some had wings in flying position. I showed them my owl, and then let them go. They were all very creative.


A few kids told me today that they were able to play with JiJi at home! Yay! Once everyone knows their passwords, I am hoping they all will play at home every once in awhile. The kids love JiJi.

*I would love to have your empty toilet paper rolls, if you care to save them for our classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica LOVED making the owl. She has made 6 more over the weekend. One of them is a mommy owl out of a paper towel roll. So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete