Crossman Crew

Friday, September 16, 2011



Room 24 does indeed ROCK! The "training" of the students is going really well. The kids love the class money, and it is really shaping their behavior quickly, and I mean REALLY quickly. They loved spending their money in the class store, but not everyone got to shop today. We'll finish on Monday. We need a second store mom or dad, as the job is just too big for one. Brandon's mom came and helped us today, but it was hard work! Those kids have to look at every choice available to them, and they wanted to spend every last cent. All were encouraged to save $.20 for bathroom visits though. If any of you parents want to come and help on Fridays, we are doing store from 11-12. We would love to have you!

For our Morning Meeting activity this morning, we played the old traveling game: I'm going on a trip and I'm bringing...They loved it, and they were good at it too. They had to come up with something that started with the same letter as their first name. I told the kids I would post the list so that they can show you which word was theirs, so here it goes...

I am going on a trip and I am bringing a jellybean, marbles, a noodle, a donut, a mop, an anteater, a nickel, an ax, a jumprope, a jacket, M & M's, an elephant, macaroni and cheese, lollipops, an antibiotic, a cat, taffy, Jordan, a monitor, an eagle, a zebra, nachos, a baby, a raccoon, apples with caramel sauce, a jackhammer, a kayak, yogurt and a tractor. Whew!

*later in the day I did have a student ask if we were really going on a trip with all of those things. So sweet. I love this class.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment