Crossman Crew

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Catching Up

Happy Diwali! We were treated to a great presentation, by Ashmit, about Diwali. The holiday started yesterday, and lasts five days. Ashmit did a wonderful job!
He, and his family, had one of these cute candle pages for everyone to color. Ashmit said his grandpa wrote "Happy Diwali" on all of them. Mine is special, which is the formal word for the holiday. At least I think he intended this one for me-I never actually asked, I just took it. :-) I'll ask tomorrow.
We got a package today! Can you guess what it is????
Yay! Cheers all around for our new projector!! The kids were psyched. Can you see it? It's on the stool. It's so pretty. I plan on making a trip to Ikea this weekend, to find a table for it, and our document camera.
The projector and the document camera finally get to meet! I haven't figured out how either device works as yet, but I will figure it out tomorrow! Gone are my days of having to write DOL, and other stuff, on the whiteboard! I am a lucky teacher!
The kids were very impressed with Math today.
This is our lizard Gimpy, in a cube. These kids have all KINDS of ideas.

This was from Tuesday. I told the kids I would post it. I'll let them explain the lesson to you.

Because my project for my projector was funded, I will be sending home permission slips for photo releases. As part of my thank you package, I need to include pictures of the kids using the projector, and they will write thank you notes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment