Crossman Crew

Friday, March 2, 2012

We are measuring! Today we measured in yards. The kids chose what we measured. I held up the yard stick and we estimated first, then measured. I am old. It is hard to crawl around the floor. Good thing I have kids who love to crawl on the floor, to measure! It is about 10 yards across our classroom.


To liven things up, we decided to measure the width of our classroom in shoes! It's always fun to measure in non-standard units.





We all stood around in our piggy toes or sock feet. Contrary to the fuss they all made about it being stinky, it was not. You will be happy to know that your child's feet don't stink (at least for now).


I made one of the pictures fancy with a phone app. Plus I posted it to Instagram.

Yesterday we measured using paper clips!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment