Crossman Crew

Friday, December 23, 2011

Some of our Art

Room 24 has been busy with projects!
A friend of mine sent our class an entire bag of beautiful fabric scraps, so I set the kids loose on them and they made...
fabric trees! Cute huh?
Lots of pretty colors to decorate the trees. I think we'll do this again in the spring and make flowers or butterflies!
I believe I showed you all the beginning steps for this project. The kids colored on transparencies with permanent markers.
This project always turns out so beautiful!
The kids did a great job!

Spoiler alert! If you are a parent in my class, and you have not yet opened the gift your child made for you, then come back after Christmas. If you've already opened it, then you may proceed.
I got this idea from Pinterest. I painted each child's hand and then had them grab a ball ornament, with their wet, painted hand. See the fingers up there? Then we turned the printed hand into...
snowmen! How cute are these? The kids were free to embellish their snowmen and add snow to the ornaments. I added ribbon for hanging, and wrote their name and the year.

Completely adorable. I can't wait to hear how everyone liked them.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this!!!! What a great Idea! It looked so cute on our tree!!!

    ReplyDelete